5.28.2009

Pentax Optio W 60



Last week, my husband and I celebrated out 30th Wedding Anniversary with a 7 day cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Roatan. If you know me, I almost always have a camera handy. The problem . . . I did not want to lug around my "huge" digital SLR. Although I LOVE my SLR, it does amazing things! It is just not practical to take to the beach, especially if I intend on being in the water. So . . . the hunt was on for a small, point and shoot digital, waterproof camera.



(If you have read my other posts, you know that I don't really swim. First, I am not a strong swimmer. I could probably save my life, BUT, no one Else's. Second, contrary to what my in-laws think, it is not because I don't want to get my hair wet. (My brother-in-law use to have a pool and we would go there several times over the summer for family parties. I hardly, if ever went in the pool and I know that is what they were thinking.) Everyone in my family swims, my husband, my children, my siblings, my in-laws . . . Third . . . I just plainly . . . don't like cold or cool water. Forth and most important--- I HATE to get water splashed in my face. I am sure that this stems from some traumatic childhood event. So . . . put it together. . . a pool full of kids, splashing . . . NO THANK YOU! It is amazing what people assume.)


After several weeks of research I decided to purchase a PENTAX Optio W60. I am extremely happy with the underwater pictures and the outdoor pictures. The indoor pictures are less than desirable . . . BUT that is not the camera's fault . . . it is the photographer's fault . . .ME. Any good photographer will tell you that a camera can only perform as well as the settings that have been chosen. I know that my main problem with the indoor pictures was the white balance and honestly, I did not take the time to change the settings. This little has many of the settings that my SLR camera has. I just need to learn how to use them

No comments: