1.02.2013

Happy 2013!!

Yes, I know I'm a day late, but hey ... I made an attempt to wish you are bright new start.


The last 5-6 months have been super busy, with all sorts of changes in our lives. And, while there will be many more changes in the year ahead, I have decided that I need to make a conscious effort to blog.
There are many times that I want to blog something, but then things happen and I feel the post is not relative at a later date, so it doesn't get posted. Sound familiar to anyone else?

For my first post of the New Year (I have been reading through posts), I too have a couple of "resolutions", if you want to call them that. It seems, that even in blogging, weight loss is a "big" resolution, and yes, while I could probably loose a few pounds, that's not my resolution. Of course, I will try to eat healthier and be more active, but shouldn't we always try to do that?

Off the top of my head, I have 2 resolutions, that may, later in the year become MEME's. Both of them have to do with relationships. As time goes on, it seems our fast paced lives keep us from having relationships with others who could enrich our lives. We don't take make the time for those relationships.

My resolutions:
1. Phone a Friend Friday.

Almost everyone has a cell phone. Most cell plan's give you a certain amount of minutes that you are not charged (because it's built into the plan) to make calls. A call doesn't need to be hours long, 10-15 minutes is long enough to say "Hi, how's it going? I wanted you to know I was thinking about you."
Wouldn't you love to receive a call like that?

2. Mail a letter Monday.

Now, let me , clarify. I am defiantly not a letter writer,(I can hardly post on my blog) but I can send a card with a few words on it,
AND, I know people (my 95yr old Grandmother) who don't use a computer or text on their phone.
Doesn't a piece of mail that is not asking you to buy something or pay something, somehow brighten your day?

So, here's to the New Year, and changes, and relationships, and enrichment!
~Vicki~

No comments: