1.16.2013

Phone a Friend Friday


This week has turned out to be busier than I thought it was going to be. But, I wanted to get this posted before Friday got here again. I bet you're wondering  ... Did I make that phone call on Friday?  The answer is No ... sadly, not on Friday. I knew my week-end was going to be busy and I had to get some things done. So, my call was made on Saturday.

Every other week-end (pretty much), my 2 daughter's and grandchildren come visiting. They're here ... they're not here... they're back ... watching movies, playing games, eating ... it is a constant flurry of activity. This past Saturday however, they got up, went to a Hockey game and then went snowboarding. There were several hours of quiet. Which was good because 1&1/2 of them, I was on the phone.

I spent a good portion of Saturday morning talking to my M-I-L. It's been several months since I have seen her or talked to her. Next month she will be 81. She has 7 children, 10 grandchildren, and 3 great-grandchildren, most of them live within an hour of her. She goes to the Y 3 times a week and out to lunch at least 2 times a week. So, as you can tell, her social calendar is not lacking.
It was good to chat. It was good to catch her at home. It was good to catch up.

Who did you call? Of course, you don't have to talk for hours ... but sometimes you do. 

No comments: