7.18.2016

Good Monday Morning!

How was your week-end? Did it fly by like mine did? I'm not even working and the days seem to pass by in a blink of an eye. Did you have projects going on or was it a time for family and fun?

Mine was a day of working and a day of relaxing. Saturday I started cleaning our side porch. I say started because it's only half way done. Usually every Spring I clean it, but it's been almost 3 years since it was last done. Two years ago there was so much going on with family and work. Last years I had surgery and then my Spring, Summer, and Fall were tied up with chemo treatments. I an grateful that my energy level has increased and I am able to do more things . . . just at a slower pace. I will be happy to sit out there in the early mornings, enjoying my coffee and hopefully some wildlife.

Sunday, hubby and I spent the afternoon watching movies on Amazon. Before I tell you what they were, let me stress, I enjoy movies of ALL kinds. I look at movies as entertainment, not as literal things that could happen. Of course, there are movies that are fashioned after "real life" experiences. I just feel for me, I try to take things with a grain of salt and enjoy the moment, with not too much thought put into it.

Movie #1
The first "MAD MAX"
It came out in 1979, produced by Warner Brothers
What were they thinking?? I have seen "Road Warrior" and "Thunder Dome", but I was in my early 20's then. I am in total awe that after the first movie, any more would be produced. And based on that movie, the lack of  . . . so many things . . . I would have not believed that Mel Gibson would have made a career out of acting.

Movie #2 "A Walk in the Woods"
This movie was released in the summer of last year. Robert Redford and Nick Nolte are 2 older men who attempt to hike the Appalachian Trail, some 2,000 miles long. It's lighthearted and you'll get a few chuckles out of it, but most of all the scenery is breathtaking.

Movie #3 "Terminator  Genisys"
This movie was also released last summer. I have not seen all the "Terminator" movies, but I'm sure this one lived up to all the action of the previous ones. And YES, I'm sure Arnold will be back.

I hope you leave a comment and share a part of your week-end. Have a good week!

No comments: