11.18.2011

COFFEE KLATCH FRIDAY

Good Morning! Welcome to the 7th COFFEE KLATCH FRIDAY! Come, sit, enjoy a cup of something warm!




First, let me share that I quit  the job that I told you about last week. Thanks for all your input and encouragement.
Second, let me apologize for this late post. I have been under the weather this week. The dreaded FLU has hit my home. This version has a horrendous headache attached to it which makes it hard to concentrate ... it's one of those headaches that you just want to close your eyes so everything will go away. Even though I have taken medication to help me feel better the headache never completely goes away. BUT ... I am slowly feeling better.

Today we are to share 7 photos of things we are THANKFUL for. The plan was to take on picture a day. Of course, being sick, I was unable to do that. BUT ya'll know we are not that ridged  around here. So I will be using a few "old" pics that I have.

#1 Friday, 11/11 was Veterans Day



I am thankful to the men and women who have fought to keep our country free and safe.
#2 



My husband. This was taken 2 weeks ago as we began our yard clean up. He is a good provider and a hard worker. 
#3.



My job. Even though this was the last week of work for the season ... I LOVE my job!
It is hectic, it is crazy hours, but I enjoy it to the max!
#4

My kids! This picture is almost a year old. The reason I am using it is because we are seldom all together in one spot at a time. My son lives in a different state and only visits a couple of times a year. 
#5
My sweet Tillie. She is 13 years old. She has been the best dog we have ever had. Yes, she is MY dog. She follows me everywhere. She has separation anxiety when I am gone. I LOVE animals and am thankful for such a faithful pet.
#6
You may thing that this is a strange thing to be thankful for.
Having 24 inches of my colon removed presents problems at times. If I have too much liquid, or eat something too spicy, or rich my colon goes crazy. Luckily, even after 18 years... I am able to use these to products and keep things pretty much under control. I am thankful that I have not had to go to something that is stronger and that I could only get by prescription.
#7
I am thankful for sunshine! I am one of those people who needs and love the sun. If you look closely, there is ice on our pool. I took this yesterday morning. It was about 26 out. Today it was the warm temp of 30 and the ice is still there. I can tolerate cold ... as long as there is sunshine.

Looking forward to seeing what you are thankful. 







1 comment:

Kay L. Davies said...

Vicki, your dog has the most beautiful face — wow! I managed to get seven pictures and only two are of our dog.
But your lovely daughters and handsome son are enough to make any mother grateful.
I'm sorry about your colon problems (I have ulcerative colitis) but am glad you are doing okay. And I'm glad you quit that job.
Ice on the pool, oh yes! We have snow on the ground today, the first this season, although the rest of Alberta has had plenty already, so I'm grateful ours waited.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel