2.11.2011

Better late than never ...

Happy Friday!
Yes, it is the Friday before Valentine's Day ... and FINALLY I am getting my act together. For 2 weeks now I have been traveling around blogland looking at all the wonderful crafts that you have made. I was inspired, I was in awe! There were so many that I would love to do myself ... but alas ... being sick for 2 weeks and having to go out of town took care of all my aspirations.

Last week, when driving back home from my travels, I stopped at HOME GOODS. Oh. . . how I LOVE Home Goods!! It is a wonderful store that sparks the imagination! The problem is, the closest one to me is 76 miles away. So of course, any time I know there is 1 around, I make time to stop and walk the isles.

While there, I was looking for several things and of course I found more than several that I would LOVE to have. One item was a Valentine Picture. BUT ... I didn't want to spend $14.99 on it. So I decided to make my own.

Now ... Does this ever happen to you? I knew exactly what I wanted to use and I know that I have seen the materials . . . someplace . . . but I could NOT find them. I came up with a picture that I like and that comes close to what I saw and ... best of all ... cost me about $7.00 to make.


So, what do you think??

Frame $4.99
stickers $1.00
craft paper $0.70
I'm also linking up to Boost My Blog Friday , another new linky party for me. :)

BoostMyBlogFriday

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Homegoods is a great store but making it yourself is even better. Cute idea! Now following you from the Friday blog hop.